Espy @ 10 weeks

Espy @ 10 weeks

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rescuing a damsel in distress

Today Mom, Dad, and I drove to Tifton, Ga to rescue Dorrie.  See Krispy's Kapers for the background on the aborted trip out west.  The need to rescue arose after they drove by of the Atlanta bus station and confirmed that they were not going to get out of the car, thus, a bus trip home was out of the question, the train was via D.C. (a little out of the way) and last minute air fare was just to high.

Why didn't Dorrie just exchange her SFO to JAX airline ticket for a ATL to JAX ticket, lets see; $150.00 cancellation fee, $50 ticket re-issue fee (for an e-ticket) + plus the difference in airfare.

Thus, Kris drove her to Tifton and headed back to Atlanta to pick up his friend's car and head to California, for Xuan's wedding, then Seattle to deliver the car.  His plan is to make St. Louis tonight.

So my trip was -- Yulee to Tifton via Waycross, down I-75 to I-10 to Atlantic Beach, then up A1A to Fernandina, via the Mayport Ferry.  Got my evening walk downtown Fernandina and now we are back home in Yulee.

Blitz, my cat, was glad to see me, let's play, I have been in the truck most of the day and Blitz has been in the house.

Oh yes, I almost forgot -- Mom's cell phone did a perfect swan dive from the dash of the truck into her glass of iced tea on the center console, may it RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment